Just For You!
Did you know that the Coachella Valey Autism Society has its own
Famly Resource Center?
The Resource Center is a lending library at CVASA 77564 Country Club, Suite 228, Palm Desert, California 92255-1052
Map & Directions..>
We have books, DVDs, magazines, and videos available for public checkout. There are hundreds of books, videotapes, periodicals, newspaper articles, and pamphlets all with specific information about autism, as well as sensory integration therapy materials
To take advantage of this wonderful resource, you may enter any time during for Foundation's regular business hours, or call the number below o arrange to have a CVASA board member meet you at the library for personal orientation!
Summer hours are:
Tuesday and Thursday 10 AM - 12 PM.
Regular hours are:
Tues 10 AM - 2 PM, Wed 10 AM -1:30 PM, and Thursday 10 AM- 2 PM.
Download: CVASA Family Resource Guide
Autism FAQ's - Quick answers to frequently asked questions.
- 1 in 150 births
- 1 to 1.5 million Americans
- Fastest-growing developmental disability
- 10 - 17 % annual growth
- Growth comparison during the 1990s:
- U.S. population increase: 13%
- Disabilities increase: 16%
- Autism increase: 172%
- $90 billion annual cost
- 90% of costs are in adult services
- Cost of lifelong care can be reduced by 2/3 with early diagnosis and intervention
- In 10 years, the annual cost will be $200-400 billion
Learn more about Autism